March 31, 2009

The Wait Is Over!



I'm not talking about the wait for something mediocre, like an album or mixtape...No. I'm talking about the wait for the promo video for this BLOG! This due date has been pushed back for weeks now. I wondered how I was going to promote a blog about music entertainment and news..So I thought, and thought, and thought some more. Then I thought again and it hit me.."How are clubs, parties, entertainment groups, and musicians marketed?"--hmm through clubs, parties, entertainment groups, and musicians! So I didn't know how to make a small banner from scratch but I did the best I could. From a far it doesn't look too shabby. [[Pats self on the back]]. So I got a Nikon D60, started taking some pics, people began to ask if I was a photography major, I told them "No." They asked "Why do you have that camera?" I told them to "hold this and smile." From there I set many Lunch Dates. (That's what I call potential followers)..clever right? Anyway, although the mission was a long thought process, I enjoyed it.

The party that I took majority of the pics at was at "Swimsuits and Jungle Juice" thrown by R.eal L.ife E.ntourage Ent. I had balls bringing that d60 in there..it was a hot box, I could barely move. I felt like paparazzi who would do anything for a good pic, too bad I don't have to do much to get one. I did suprise myself, those pics came out better than I thought they would. You can see for yourself, the video is posted below.

You can look out for more pics and slideshows from SkyLine Photography(new blog coming soon) of future parties here at Purchase. R.L.E will be hosting more parties to come! Look out for "One Night Stand" on Saturday, April 4th @ 10pm AV1-1.

3 comments:

  1. Loved this blog entry! Get it Girl! I look forward to seeing more of your work! BTW do do you work in the Student Services Building? Thought I saw you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much! No i don't work in the Student Services Building but i do work for Facilities. You probably just saw me taking care of finance issues lol.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I feel like a proud momma..**tears**...seeing that I was there when skyline photgraphy came to life (I think I was atleast..lol) & and I was arouns when the name sumlite came to life( at least I think I was again..haha..a bitch has soooo many memories), but all in all, I'm happy to see you're moving things along. Big things poppin soon come!!

    ReplyDelete